Name:Danny
Date:12/19/10
The big news is lane 5. What seemed to be a small problem yesterday (not indexing after dropping the 5 pin) turned into a very big ordeal. The teeth on the time delay gear we gnarled up, in turn, wouldn't spin. We surprisingly had an extra in a box. In order to access the time delay gear, you have to take the entire turret assembly apart, which is a pretty big deal. Now I've only done this once in school, and it was on a new model machine. So there were a ton of differences, which is why it took so long, cuz I was learning was I went. Anyways, long story short, I got it to work. The time delay gear was in fact the problem, woohoo. But, in the bad news, it started doing something else. The turret started doing multiple indexes, every now and again, and it soon became just non stop indexing. I have worked and worked and worked on it, but can't seem to figure it out. After working on it till 3 AM last night and coming in today at opening at 10 AM and closing it down, working on this machine non stop, my brain is fried, 100%. I need some rest and come back at it with a fresh rested mind. I also emailed my pinsetting teacher, he is normally good about replying back to me with good ideas. it will be up and running asap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment